- lighter (less K-weight on the wire and on the page for most uses)
- faster (fewer http requests, less code to write and compile, more efficient code)
- more consistent (common naming, event signatures, and widget APIs throughout the library)
- more powerful (do more with less implementation code)
- more securable (safer and easier to expose to multiple developers working in the same environment)
- Themeable to match your site: You can alter the colour of flickrshow to match your site.
- Can be used multiple times: it caused a number of headaches, but you can run as many slideshows on your site as you want, as long as your viewers can handle the loading times.