WaveMaker Visual Ajax Studio is an easy-to-use visual builder that enables the drag & drop assembly of scalable, web-applications using Ajax widgets, web services and databases. WaveMaker Studio will look and feel especially familiar to client/server developers who are used to working with visual tools. WaveMaker’s Studio enables data-driven and web-services based applications to be quickly created without complex code, forms, patterns or portal frameworks. WaveMaker’s Studio reduces the time and cost of delivering new business applications.
Archive for the ‘Ajax’ Category
FileUploader uses XHR for uploading multiple files with progress-bar in FF3.6+, Safari4+, Chrome and falls back to hidden iframe based upload in other browsers, providing good user experience everywhere. To upload a file, click on the button below. Drag-and-drop is supported in FF, Chrome. Progress-bar is supported in FF3.6+, Chrome6+, Safari4+
- multiple file select, progress-bar in FF, Chrome, Safari
- drag-and-drop file select in FF, Chrome
- uploads are cancellable
- no external dependencies
- doesn’t use Flash
- fully working with https
- keyboard support in FF, Chrome, Safari
- tested in IE7,8; Firefox 3,3.6,4; Safari4,5; Chrome; Opera10.60;
jData is a shared localStorage object interface that can be accessed by any website on the internet and works on Firefox 3+, Webkit 3.1.2/3.2+ nightlies (for some reason not Safari 3.2 stable), and IE8.
Lightweight js, css and images preloader.
Titanium is the first open platform for building rich desktop applications
mxGraph is the ultimate component for drawing diagrams in a browser.
FleaIM is web-based MSN messenger clone. With it you can do
- Register, sign in, automaticaly login
- Modify my profile, state, signature
- Send, receive message, flash & face icon
- Search, add, block, remove, sort contacts
- View, download chatting history
- Get sound notification of message coming, contact logging, etc.
- Maintain contact group
The Google Language API Family consists of four powerful tools making it easier for you to communicate with users across the globe:
- Need to translate your website or application into one or more different languages? With Google Translate, you can dynamically translate text between thousands of language pairs.
- Wondering what “have a nice day” looks like written in Hindi? You can use Google Transliterate to transform a given written language into dozens of other scripts.
- Want to type in Hindi, but don’t have a Hindi keyboard? With Google Virtual Keyboard, you can provide users with an on-screen keyboard layout native to one of dozens of available language scripts.
- Learning to read Arabic? You can use Google Diacritize to add diacritical marks to text, helping non-native speakers learn how to pronounce these words.
Getting Real is the business, design, programming, and marketing philosophies of 37signals a developer of web-based software used by over 1 million people and businesses in 70 countries. 37signals used the unconventional Getting Real process to launch five successful web-based applications (Basecamp, Campfire, Backpack, Writeboard, Ta-da List), and Ruby on Rails, an open-source web application framework, in just two years with no funding, no debt, and only 7 people.
Anyone working on a web app including entrepreneurs, designers, programmers, executives, or marketers will find value, fresh perspectives, and inspiration in this practical book. At under 200 pages it’s quick reading too. Makes a great airplane book. The complete book with 16 chapters and 91 essays is now Completely free to read online.
CSSHttpRequest is a lightweight library that allows to perform cross-domain AJAX requests.
- Cross-browser—supports IE6+, Firefox 2+, Safari 3+, iPhone
- Small—2.4KB minified
CSSHttpRequest is open source under an Apache License (Version 2.0).
Janko really likes the top navigation implemented on Vimeo.com. He wanted to recreate it, so he has published an article called “Create Vimeo-like top navigation“.
We can learn how to create a functional and good looking Vimeo-like top navigation in this tutorial. What he likes the most is the menu that drops down when you hover search box. It offers you different search options that you can choose and narrow your search.
Nettus has published a tutorial of “How to Create A Simple Web-based Chat Application“. There are some other tutorials for further development.